- VPAT Auditing
- Project Management
- User Experience Advocate
- Public Speaking
BlackHawk Network (2020 – Present)
Accessibility Program Manager
As the accessibility program manager, I have:
- Implemented an accessibility plan for each step of the software development lifecycle and agile process.
- Released mandatory training and built a resource repository for product owners, designers, developers, quality assurance and customer service representatives.
- Prioritized and audited several ecommerce sites from all across the globe producing:
- WCAG 2.1 AA, revised Section 508 and EN 301 549 compliance reports
- Detailed issues for bug tracking and
- A roadmap for remediation
BlackHawk Network, Giftcards.com (2016 – 2020)
Senior Software Engineer
When Blackhawk Network acquired Giftcards.com, I was brought on to help with the front-end of the site:
- Implemented the mobile optimized purchase flow with ReactJS that all of our products will use
- Managed the state of accessibility
- Optimized new areas of the sites to use flexbox and grid
Senior UI Developer
- Audited the site for accessibility and tracked the progress in Confluence before adding bugs to Jira.
- Developed a custom responsive and accessible pattern library that is visible to the internal team as a code-based style guide using hologram and switched the site to Sass with a Gulp build process.
- Conducted discovery for the site’s content creators and detailed what needed to be developed in the CMS.
- Helped to implement the unifying of the products through a standard purchasing process
- Developed wireframes for the admin tool for a product
Oncology Nursing Society (2006-2013)
- Designed and developed responsive conference websites (Connections 2012, Connections 2013 and Congress 2013) utilizing HTML5/CSS3 and jQuery
- Implemented UX techniques such as wireframing, prototyping and usability testing
- Designed and developed TheCancerJourney.org website and logo (the main part of the site no longer exists)
- Developed several online courses (coded and designed interactive elements with the course facilitator)
- Learning Management System (LMS) administrator
Five Star Development (2004-2006)
- Worked as part of a team to design and develop custom interactive elements for Heinz training modules. This project was developed using Flash, Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Designed and developed a complete set of training modules for Sharp Electronics (CD), which entailed a creating a custom player interface using Flash and implementing all of the content for the project.
- Other eLearning projects included: Sheetz, Ford, and US Steel.
Kind Girls Mentor Program (2015)
- Worked as part of a team to develop an accessible website as part of the Open Air Challenge
Advanced Window and Door (2009-Present)
- Designed and developed the original Advanced Window and Door website.
- Currently transitioning to a new Advanced Window and Door website to a WordPress installation and implementing a responsive web design, HTML5 and CSS3.
Western PA Veterinarian Medical Association (2005)
- Created and designed a database driven website for the WPVMA utilizing HTML, CSS and PHP/MySQL. Created the original artwork, logo and Flash animation.