- CMS Experience: WordPress, Timber (WordPress + Sensio Twig)
- Responsive Development: Mobile-First Responsive Web Design
- User Experience: Experience with wireframing, prototyping and usability testing techniques
- Software: Adobe’s PhotoShop and Illustrator, PhpStorm and Balsalmiq
- Version Control: Github, Bitbucket, Git, SVN
- Build Management: Gulp, Bower, Grunt, Hologram, NodeJS
BlackHawk Network, Giftcards.com (2016 – current)
- Updated the greeting card pattern to handle both 4×6 and 5×7 greeting cards
- Cleaned up the greeting card animation
Senior UI Developer
I’ve touched just about every main product page of the site.
- Implemented accessibility features throughout the site, developed an accessibility audit wiki for the company and added accessible code samples to the style guide
- Developed a custom pattern library that is visible to the internal team as a code-based style guide using hologram and switched the site to Sass.
- Integrated Gulp into the workflow.
- Converted Giftcards.com to be responsive
- Conducted discovery for the site’s content creators and detailed what needed to be developed in the CMS.
- Helped to implement the unifying of the products through a standard purchasing process
- Developed wireframes for the admin tool for a product
Oncology Nursing Society (2006-2013)
- Designed and developed responsive conference websites (Connections 2012, Connections 2013 and Congress 2013) utilizing HTML5/CSS3 and jQuery
- Implemented UX techniques such as wireframing, prototyping and usability testing
- Designed and developed TheCancerJourney.org website and logo (the main part of the site no longer exists)
- Developed several online courses (coded and designed interactive elements with the course facilitator)
- Learning Management System (LMS) administrator
Five Star Development (2004-2006)
- Worked as part of a team to design and develop custom interactive elements for Heinz training modules. This project was developed using Flash, Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Designed and developed a complete set of training modules for Sharp Electronics (CD), which entailed a creating a custom player interface using Flash and implementing all of the content for the project.
- Other eLearning projects included: Sheetz, Ford, and US Steel.
Kind Girls Mentor Program (2015)
Advanced Window and Door (2009-Present)
- Designed and developed the original website.
- Currently transitioning the website to a WordPress installation and implementing a responsive web design, HTML5 and CSS3.
Western PA Veterinarian Medical Association (2005)
- Created and designed a database driven website for the WPVMA utilizing HTML, CSS and PHP/MySQL. Created the original artwork, logo and Flash animation.